Monday 16 May 2016

Drowned by Nichola Reilly

Goodreads Rating: 3.6 stars

My Rating: 2 stars

This book actually disturbed me. Like I feel violated. I didn't get the story, I didn't get the concept, I didn't believe it. I held out hope it might turn around and surprise me but I honestly just wanted it to end. 
There was waaaaayyyyy too many concepts in this book. Like the flooding thing, the formation, The king, the tower and its hidden secrets, the whole other world. My brain hurts. I didn't find myslef engaging in the story, it didn't seem real. The only thing this book made me feel was annoyance. It just didn't make sense. Tiam, Coe is in love with Tiam, Finn seems  to be slightly obsessed with Coe, the king likes Tiam, the Princess likes Coe, nobody else likes Coe or Tiam. Um wot. I certainly didn't like Tiam and Coe, or Finn, or the King, or the Princess or anyone. 
I honestly don't even know what to say about this book. The story as a whole was filled with holes. Like the author wrote the story and then the book got flooded and that washed away half of it. So much was missing. Characters didn't seem whole. The plot was disjointed and confusing. All the twists were entirely irrelevant and unbelievable. Arrrgh this book. How about no.
I have nothing else to say. I'm going to look at pictures of cute puppies to recover from this horror.

Tell me what you thought, I'd love to hear from people who enjoyed this book.

Shania Rose x

No comments:

Post a Comment